Jill Brennan is a marketing consultant, mentor and the founder of Harbren Marketing. She has been in the small business trenches for around 20 years and during that time has worked in, with and for small companies. She has generated thousands of leads and sales for businesses in very competitive niches.
Entrepreneurial Role Models:
Sarah Blakely founder of Spanx
When business started difficulties overcame:
“I really didn’t know what I didn’t know, when I started my business it was 2003 so it was very much the early days of online businesses and there just wasn’t a lot of information, there was some but it wasn’t really tried and tested so that continues to drive me wanting to do better, find a better way but that was quite the challenge when starting out, feeling adrift”…[Listen for More]
Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win book by Jocko Willink
“Don’t confuse your hustle with someone else’s highlights”
Recommended Online Resources:
- Coschedule – Get your entire marketing strategy under one roof with CoSchedule, the 1 marketing calendar for everything you need organized.
- Photo Feeler – Find out what your photos are really saying about you Choose the ones that make the right impression for your professional, social, or dating profiles
- Thrive Themes – Blazingly fast WordPress templates and plugins, built to get more traffic, more subscribers, more clients and more customers for you.
- Hub Spot – is an inbound marketing and sales platform that helps companies attract visitors, convert leads, and close customers.
Best Advice to Other Entrepreneurs:
“You need marketing, everyone thinks that a good idea will sell itself and often it does in the beginning but then you need marketing to kick it up a gear, Peter Drucker said there’s really only 2 parts to business, it’s marketing and innovation”…[Listen for More]
More About Jill Brennan:
Neil’s Quote at the Beginning:
“Science is not an intelligence test. Intuition is important, knowing what kind of questions to ask. The other thing is a passion for getting to the core of the problem.” Torsten Wiesel
Other Quotes From the Chat with Jill Brennan:
- “It takes 10 years to be an overnight success”
- “Just as employees need leadership to feel confident about their roles, customers want to be led as well, they want to know how what they’re buying will help them and they want to know why you’re in business and why you’re the best place to help them
Subscribe to the The Entrepreneur Way