Colleen Kochannek, a two-time successful entrepreneur, runs an online feature magazine for her hometown in Florida, USA and an online business teaching women over 50 how to start businesses of their own. Colleen developed a business-starting program that meets the 50+ woman where she is as a digital immigrant, not digital native.
Entrepreneurial Role Models:
When business started difficulties overcame:
“The very first money that I actually had to invest in my business that was to get a website built for my online magazine and that was going to run between the website, the branding, the design, all of that was $5000 dollars, and it is a lot of money and at the time that seemed like a mountain to me, to kind of overcome spending real money on a real business and it made it very real and scary to me”…[Listen for More]
- The Art of Explanation: Making Your Ideas, Products, and Services Easier to Understand Book by Lee LeFever
- The End of Jobs: Money, Meaning and Freedom Without the 9-5 Book by Taylor Pearson
“I’d rather regret things I’ve done than things I haven’t done”
Recommended Online Resources:
- YouTube – Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
- New Kajabi – Get all the tools you need to build your online business on Kajabi.
- Google – Search the world’s information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you’re looking for.
Best Advice to Other Entrepreneurs:
“We confuse confidence with a lack of fear and that’s not further from the truth, being confident does not mean that you’re not afraid and I think to be an entrepreneur you just have to be comfortable being uncomfortable, you have to be comfortable in the fact that you’re always going to be afraid and you need to learn how to use that fear as a motivator versus a stumbling block”…[Listen for More]
More About Colleen Kochannek:
Neil’s Quote at the Beginning:
“I’d rather know some of the questions than all of the answers.” James Thurber
Other Quotes From the Chat with Colleen Kochannek:
- “I’ve seen so many people stopped in their tracks because you know the fear of failure, they don’t want to make a mistake and it just paralyzes them”
- “Entrepreneurship is not going to go right the first time, it’s not going to go right the second time and if it goes right the third time you’re probably pretty lucky, if you’re not in it for the long haul you probably shouldn’t get in it because it’s a really tough road”
- “Consistency is going to win out”