Terry Ogburn is the renowned owner and Lead Business Coach of Ogburn’s Business Solutions. His proprietary coaching system and personal devotion to the development of others has contributed to the success of hundreds of small to large business ventures. Terry began his business career in 1979 when he invested his last $118.42 to start an air conditioning service business. At that time, he had no car or truck, but he did have the knowledge and ability to build relationships. By 1983, he was a top 5 nominee for Small Businessman of the Year. In 1984, he won the award for “Outstanding Young Businessman of the Year” for the State of Florida. In 1985 successful in his business and recognized as a leader in the business community, he began to mentor other small business owners. In 1989 he developed his own business success program based on his experience and the teachings of his favorite business books. His program was so successful that in 1992 Terry was asked to join UniGlobe Active Travel as a Director of Operations to boost individual store performance. Within months, he took the store to a $2.5 million Dollar Travel Agency. He then took the program national to improve performance organization wide. In 1994 he became a founding team member of EXA Travel International and took on the role of Director of Training & Development and within two years the company grew to 11 regional offices, with over 2000 franchisees and went public in late 1996.
Entrepreneurial Role Models:
When business started difficulties overcame:
“I had to move away in being a technician, that’s the hardest part I think with most businesses that start with most young entrepreneurs is that they think because they are good at let’s say being a carpenter or being a baker or anything, they think that just because they’re good at that then they’re going to be good in business but there’s so much to know about business in itself”…[Listen for More]
Favourite Books:Think and Grow Rich Book by Napoleon Hill
“You miss 100% of the shots that you don’t take”
Recommended Online Resources:
- Brian Tracy – Discover Brian s proven techniques strategy for great success in sales, time management, self development, personal wealth, business, leadership, more!
- Tony Robbins – the nation’s top life and business strategist Embrace life coaching sessions from a world authority on leadership psychology today!
Best Advice to Other Entrepreneurs:
“Use the Socratic method in anything that we do, this method is where we analyse everything first, you think it through, if you’re going to make a change in your business, think through how it all goes, think of it as throwing a pebble into the lake, we all know that the ripples are going to change on the surface of the lake but most of the time we never think about how that rock is going to float down to the bottom and maybe land on a critter down there that was minding its own business”…[Listen for More]
More About Terry Ogburn:
Neil’s Quote at the Beginning:
“Asking is the beginning of receiving. Make sure you don’t go to the ocean with a teaspoon. At least take a bucket so the kids won’t laugh at you.” Jim Rohn
Other Quotes From the Chat with Terry Ogburn:
- “Find something you’re passionate about and you’ll never work a day in your life”
- “If you have 5 departments and you’re about ready to make a change, how many of those departments are going to be affected by that change and by working backwards you can address the problem from the top down and say okay this is how it’s going to affect you and explain that to them, most people are willing to go along with you if you are a great leader, they’ll follow you, but you can’t push them”
- “Nobody cares how much you now until first you show how much you care”