Prosper Taruvinga was born in Zimbabwe and is now living in Melbourne, Australia, with wife, Angela and daughter Kaliyah. A die-hard about personal development, lifestyle design and entrepreneurship, Prosper is a lifelong student of life constantly striving to become the best man that he can be and to help others along the way. He is inspiring others to achieve a happier existence through writing and podcasts on his websites ‘This Self’ and ‘Livelong Digital’. He believes everyone has the chance, yours is round the corner if you allow yourself to grab it.
Entrepreneurial Role Models:
When business started difficulties overcame:
“I had a lot of drive, but it was driving me nowhere. I had no plan, goals or mentors. I just knew I had to do something but I didn’t know what it was. When I came to Australia, I was not a citizen, was not registered for tax, and all those barriers made me just think nah it’s never going to happen for me. I started another business which didn’t go anywhere because I tried to do everything myself. It was like an online review system for coupons and things like that, I didn’t think it through. My biggest problem was my mindset; I thought I couldn’t do it. But once I started going on a journey I realised I was the only one stopping myself”…[Listen for More]
The Alchemist Book by Paulo Coelho
Rich Dad’s CASHFLOW Quadrant: Rich Dad’s Guide to Financial Freedom Book by Robert T. Kiyosaki
“There are a lot of people who are going to disappoint you in life, but don’t let any of them be you”
Recommended Online Resources:
Pretty Link Pretty Link is a killer plugin for people who want to clean up their affiliate links, track clicks from emails, their links on Twitter to come from their own domain, or generally increase the reach of their website by spreading these links on forums or comments on other blogs.
Start a Fire Grow and expand your audience by recommending your content within any link you share.
KnowEm Check username availability on over 500 social networks in social media, domain names and the USPTO Trademark database to see if your company, brand, …
IFTTT – lets you connect the apps and devices you use every day, such as Amazon Alexa, Facebook, Twitter, Fitbit, Slack, and more.
Best Advice to Other Entrepreneurs:
“Just start. It doesn’t matter whether you are a fully fledged leader of a Fortune 500 company or you want to start a business tomorrow, you just need to start and the rest will follow. Some ideas just end up being an idea. The richest place in the world I a graveyard, it’s full of things that never got done because people are afraid to start. If you start you will feel the gut feeling we talked about. If you want to make it big then start thinking bigger, just start whatever it is that you put your mind to”…[Listen for More]
More About Prosper Taruvinga:
Neil’s Quote at the Beginning:
Kathy Ireland “I’m a curious person. I like to ask questions. Well, why? People would say, it’s never been done. It’s never been done does not mean that it can’t be done.”
Other Quotes From the Chat with Prosper Taruvinga:
- “I’m not afraid of hard work”
- “Make sure you look for people who have been where you want to be and work backwards, if you put yourself in front of them, they will help you out”
- “It doesn’t matter how long it takes you to get there, there’s no such thing as overnight success”
- “I find talking to people who do not want to grow or who are not open minded very difficult”
- “If you’re not willing to embrace change as a person, you’re going to stay behind, and no one’s going to pick you up”
- “Look for the people who have done what you want or already in that business and then just model them. At the end of the day you do not want to invent mediocrity when you can copy genius”
- “Even if you’re going to be subcontracting your jobs, make sure it’s someone who is responsive, respects your work, who’s read your instructions, not someone who’s just in it for money. You want something your dream, your vision to come to life, and you’re willing to do it regardless, but some people just want the big fat pay check at the end. So make sure you know who that person is and then just cut your losses. You will find people who are willing to work”
- “Before you even start just find out if the business is viable, build a list around it, test it out with a few people. Not your friends or relatives because they’ll just tell you it’s nice. Just find out if there are people outside your circle that would use the product. If you get more than ten people saying yes that are random then you’ve got a business”