Dr. Kent Gustavson likes to say that he is an “amplifier for amplifiers”. He works with experts in all fields wanting to hone their thought leadership, and all companies and startups honing their brand. He is the founder and CEO of Blooming Twig, an award-winning indie book publisher, a TED speaker, and his social media profiles have had more than 100 million views.
Entrepreneurial Role Models:
When business started difficulties overcame:
“Well one hurdle after another. I mean I think I was one of those guys who jumped off the cliff and said hey this will be great and kind of realised on the way down that it was a little rockier that had planned. I guess that there is a good side to that which means that I am not risk averse but I think that there are a lot of things that I could have planned out a lot better starting out. But you know you learn by experiencing so it was a good jump let’s say”…[Listen for More]
“Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” – Anais Nin
Recommended Online Resources:
Creative Commons zero
Pixabay Free images and videos you can use anywhere. All images and videos on Pixabay are released free of copyrights under Creative Commons CC0. You may download, modify, distribute, and use them royalty free for anything you like, even in commercial applications. Attribution is not required.
Flickr Images Advanced Search
Clarity – Is your lifeline that instantly connects you with battle-tested advice from entrepreneurs.
Create Space – provides free tools to help you self-publish and distribute your books, DVDs, CDs, and video downloads on-demand on Amazon.com and others
Best Advice to Other Entrepreneurs:
“I think be plastic, malleable, be able to tuck and roll. You know if you are going to hit the ground be ready to tuck and roll. You know be ready to you know deal with setbacks that are going to come your way. And the entrepreneurs that make it are the ones who keep going for it. And that applies across all industries.”…[Listen for More]
More About Kent Gustavson:
We Are Alive: Kent Gustavson at TEDxSBU
Neil’s Quote at the Beginning:
“The best scientists and explorers have the attributes of kids! They ask question and have a sense of wonder. They have curiosity. ‘Who, what, where, why, when, and how!’ They never stop asking questions, and I never stop asking questions, just like a five year old.” Sylvia Earle
Other Quotes From the Chat with Kent Gustavson:
- When you look back in the history of all those words Marketing is very new. Publishing is kind of new in the history of the world, and branding is pretty old – you know you burn something into flesh.
- “Change makes the world more exciting”
- “in this constant state of flux do you have a concept that can stand the test of time”
- “We will be the bass player to your Hendrix”
- Amplifier of Amplifiers – Helping to identify what can become viral
- Amplifier of Amplifiers: Ideation > Publishing the idea or book > Disseminating it
- In the book world – Writing > Publishing > Marketing
- In the start-up world it is Ideation > Product Development > marketing
- The Most important thing for me is to leap off that metaphorical cliff especially as an entrepreneur
- “as an entrepreneur You cant success if you are completely safe”